Sign in

Create an Account

Shopping cart

OUR PHONE NUMBER: +86-15999790896


why is bar mat called bar runner?

The term “bar mat” and “bar runner” are used interchangeably to refer to the same thing in the context of a bar or pub setting. However, the more common term varies depending on the region and local terminology.

A bar mat (or bar spill mat) is a rubberized mat that is placed on the surface of the bar counter.

Its primary purpose is to provide a soft and non-slip surface for bartenders to place their glassware and tools while preparing drinks.

The rubber material of the mat also helps to catch and contain any spills or drips that may occur during the drink-making process, making it easier to keep the bar clean.

The term “bar runner” is more commonly used in some regions, especially in countries like the United Kingdom and Australia.

It refers to the same rubber mat that serves the purpose of providing a clean and non-slip surface for the bartender to work on.

Ultimately, both terms essentially refer to the same item designed to improve the efficiency and cleanliness of the bar area while providing a useful workspace for bartenders.

The difference in terminology may be attributed to cultural and regional variations in the bar and hospitality industry.

Scroll To Top
× How can I help you?